What We Do
Technology Ventures Corporation developed a successful model to connect inventors, entrepreneurs and investors that creates companies and takes laboratory inventions to the marketplace. How do we do it?
- Technology Commercialization. We work closely with some of the best in the business of technology development to help fulfill their mission to commercialize technologies. We also work with world-renowned universities and research institutions.
- Entrepreneurial Programs/Services. We support the entrepreneurial community through free entrepreneurial seminars that acquaint company founders with the formation, planning, financing, and growth of technology startups. Additionally, TVC offers a free job-matching web service for both management and skilled job seekers (more…).
- Intellectual Property Bundling Among DOE Facilities. The goal of TVC’s Innovations Bundling Initiative (IBI) is to create an effective process for intellectual property (IP) bundling among DOE Laboratories and their partners that enhances the opportunities for technology commercialization. A patent bundle is a group of licensable patents or bundled intellectual property belonging to two or more laboratories.
This IP activity is consistent with the technology transfer mission of DOE facilities and supports the Presidents American Competitive Initiative (ACI). When implemented this initiative will develop an IP bundling process for DOE contractor facilities that facilitates the transfer of technology to the private sector. IP Bundling, done properly, will create higher value to the patents being bundled, and more opportunities to license. IP Bundling supports tech transfer, facilitates market analysis, and is attractive to industry.
The current pilot program participants are TVC, Idaho National Laboratory, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Argonne National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories & Los Alamos National Laboratory.
For more information contact Dr. Charles Whitehurst, TVC Project Manager at (505) 843-4248, or Bruce M. Winchell, Registered Patent Attorney at (505)843-4272.
- The SBIR/STTR Outreach Center .
We provide proposal resources to comply with exacting Federal agency requirements through expert speaker events, mentor programs and electronic updates (more...).
- Consulting Services for TVC Clients. We select the best entrepreneurs and inventors who are solving painful problems in the marketplace to become TVC clients. (more…)
1. We help our clients to refine their business case, financial model, market research and ultimately, their business plan and investor presentation.
2. We introduce companies to the right investor at the right time. TVC also hosts Equity Capital Symposia, where selected companies pitch their opportunities to an audience of equity investors. Since 1993, 35 percent of presenting companies have been funded!
What we do depends on who you are—researcher/inventor
at a university or national lab, entrepreneur, investor,
or service provider. To us, commercialization means finding
those individuals who develop innovative technology, and
supporting the entrepreneurs who can get it to market. TVC
helps to attract the resources needed along the way.
— Sherman McCorkle
TVC is the first place I send startup companies who are looking for guidance about creating an effective business plan, assembling the right team, understanding their market, or raising capital. TVC's staff has deep and broad experience that is available with no strings attached, providing a service sorely needed by, but otherwise often unaffordable to, most startups.
— Greg Beattie
2009 Equity Capital Symposium